Hi everyone and happy July! The year is halfway over and it feels like just yesterday I was ringing in the new year and now we’re halfway done! Crazy how fast time goes by (even though time is an illusion but whatever). You all know the drill, here are my goals/ intentions for July!
- Finish CHAARG Bootycamp // I’m doing this workout guide along with Insanity and Bootycamp ends at the end of July so I want to give it my all and finish strong!
- 120 oz of water daily // you already know
- Organize everything I own // This is an ongoing process. A month ago I cleared out a lot of stuff I own and now I need to organize it!
- Keep planning for CHAARG // I am SO excited for fall and getting back to school and in order for me to be prepared… I need to get planning!
- Get everything for my apartment bought + ready // I move into my apartment August 11th, so naturally, I want everything ready to go by August 1st.
- Start DIYing // I keep watching DIY videos + I’m so obsessed! I want to start DIYing things for my apartment and back home
- Work on training my dog // She is such an angel in the house, but she’s crazy on walks. I need to get her to keep her cool around bunnies, squirrels, and other dogs!
What are your intentions for July?
❤ Alicia ❤
How in the heck is June already over? How the heck is 2018 already halfway over? This year has flown by more than any other in my opinion and once school starts 2018 will be over before I know it. Let’s see how well I achieved my goals in June
- Plan for CHAARG // I’ve been doing a bit of planning here and there, working on retreat, socials, etc. It’s hard planning things in 1 day when people don’t email you back but I’m working on it
- Start CHAARG Booty Camp or Insanity // I’m almost done with week 2 of them both, and I will be taking a mini-break in a week or so because I’ll be out of town but I’ve already planned it so I won’t be missing a workout!
- Eat better // I’m eating much better, eating out much less, and making almost all of my own food
- 1 gallon of water daily // Doing so well on this!
- Figure my whole major thing out // I’m in every single class I need for the fall which is all I needed!
- Read // I haven’t finished a single book. I’ve been in a weird funk and the last thing I’ve wanted to do was read… I started one and I just haven’t had the motivation to finish
- Go to bed earlier // Most nights I’ve been in bed by 9 and sleeping by 10 but other nights (weekends) I haven’t been asleep until 1 or 2… Balance I guess?
- Less screen time // This hasn’t been happening but I’m working on it I guess haha.
How did your goals for June go?
❤ Alicia ❤
Happy February everyone! Crazy that we are already 1/12 of the way through 2018. Anyways, most months I like to start off by sharing a few goals I have, whether that be drinking water or something school related. Here are my goals for February
- Go to everyone CHAARG event (if my schedule permits)- 2 times a week is all, it’s just getting the motivation to go!
- Make a list of every assignment I have that’s due before Spring Break so I can start getting head- I did this last semester for the last month of school and it helped so much knowing exactly what I had to do for every class but I think it would be too overwhelming to make one for the rest of the year, so until Spring Break for now
- Pick up more shifts at work!- I’m trying to have no shifts during finals and then take off another before Spring break but to do that without getting strikes, I need to pick quite a few shifts.
- Drink 64 oz of water- This is on here every month and it’s just a reminder!
- KILL my interview I have next week- I applied to be an RA on campus next fall and I got to the interview stage! I have my interview in a week from today so I’m terrified but excited!
- Read one book- As mentioned in my 2018 intentions, my intention is to read one book per month!
- Less screen time that isn’t for school!- I feel like I’m glued to my phone or computer all the time and I really want that to change
- Workout every single day- Whether it’s for CHAARG, yoga, a walk, or the gym, I want to do something
Those are my goals for the month of February. What are yours?
❤ Alicia ❤
Happy August everyone. At the beginning of every month, I always see people making goal posts. I always make goals (small and large) at the beginning of each week, month, etc. so I figured I would jump on the bandwagon and post them here.
- Finish dorm/school supply shopping
- Read 2-3 books
- Develop a workout plan for school
- Do not spend any money unless absolutely necessary
- Drink 64 oz of water minimum daily
- Blog 10 times
- Spend time with friends before we go back to school.
- Deep clean my room (my dog sheds so much everywhere so I needs to clean every square inch of my room)
- Move into my dorm
- Have a great first week of classes
- Join at least 2 clubs
What are your goals for August?
Hi everyone. Last year, I posted my 17 goals for 2017, and since we are a little over halfway through the year, I figured I’d update it. Check out the original post here.
- Blog consistently: Before Peru I was on top of things, however upon returning… not so much. I’m doing better right now and I have some posts planned out for the next few months so let’s get back in the swing of things
- End the year with at least double the amount of posts I have now. I have written 56 posts this year (not including this one) so I have 87 more to go. I will be participating in #NaBloPoMo and Blogmas again so that is at least 55 posts, so as long as I can get 32 posts in by Halloween, I should be good to go.
- Connect with more Bloggers: Since I’ve visited wordpress maybe 10 times in the past 3 months, I can say I’ve struggled with this.
- Take quality pictures: I haven’t posted many posts involving pictures, but when I do, I will be budgeting my time and taking pictures before hand.
- Read: Being a single mother (my dog) I haven’t been reading as much as I would like, but I have been a bit.
- Learn something new: I’m taking Italian at school this fall so, I’m hoping to learn Italian.
- Move into the basement: This never happened and will not be happening
- Volunteer: I DID IT
- Create a budget for myself: I never made a set budget but I have been saving money for school and am trying to not spend money unless I have to.
- Choose a college: OU OH YEAH baby.
- Get a job: I have been nannying this summer, however, I need a real job at school.
- Clean: My room has stayed decently clean, except now because I’m in college and puppy world, but I make my bed most days, do my laundry, keep up with the dishes and living room most times.
- Get on a solid sleep schedule: I have to wake up every day from 6-7 for either work or my dog, so the latest I’ve gone to bed all summer is midnight.
- Exercise: I’ve been working out every day for the past month or so and my dorm is right next to the rec center so I’ll have no excuse not to get a workout in.
- Create a skincare routine: I use lush products for my face which is working pretty well (it’s also pretty expensive but I’m dealing)
- Be one of ‘those vegans’: This year I’ve learned balance is key. I have my spinach smoothies and beans and lentils, but I also eat Oreos and ice cream. I can be one of ‘those vegans’ and still indulge.
- Drink more water: I am still struggling with this. Some days I excel and some days I’ve had 2 glasses by 10 pm. How do you get all of your daily water in??
Something that always gets me is when people think that a new year is basically just the only time you can restart yourself or make goals for yourself or make any sort of change. Today, I was browsing facebook looking at the damage control on our country from the last 24 hours, hoping to see at least one cute dog photo in that time, and I stumbled upon this photo of a tweet that said “January was a free trial… I’ll start my new year February 1st”
The person shared it and was like “Time to restart my resolutions.” It’s funny to me that people feel the need to make goals on only the first of the year. I’m not saying that New Year’s Resolutions are overrated since I made a resolutions post but most of these Resolutions are things I had been working on before, however, these people can’t just decide they want to do something and then just do it. They have to wait 29 days or hell 10 months before they can start a new goal.
Why have we as a society, decided that people can’t have ambitions 365 days of the year? Why are we limited to 5 days or so throughout the year?
When we break a resolution (me for example and my sleep schedule haha) I had still been getting crappy sleep so last Wednesday, I was like ‘you are waking up at 8 am tomorrow and liking it.’ I didn’t need to wait until February 1st or even the next Monday to do it. I had something I wanted to accomplish, I had a goal, and I went for it. And hey, almost a week later and my sleep schedule is getting back on track.
Basically, what I’m saying is that is you have a goal jotted down on a sticky note for the start of the month, or next Monday or whatever, start it now. Start it now! And then next month you’ll be happy you did.
Recently I had to do a project for my Honors class where we had to create a 15 minute presentation discussing our goals and how we plan to achieve them. However, I don’t believe life is all about our long-term (5+ years) goals. I believe having short terms are necessary as well. So what better way to remember these short-term goals than by blogging about them?
- Make my bed- making my bed gives me a false sense of having my life together- and I love it
- Do homework- I hate doing it but it has to be done
- Return the phone I got- Verizon sent me two iPhones and I have to trek to the post office and return it
- Reach 10,000 steps- My daily fitbit step goal
- Eat 100% vegan- pretty self explanatory
- Drink 2 liters of water- DO THIS EVERYDAY-IT’S GOOD FOR YOU
- Ace my Bio Exam
- Meet my Sorority Big (I’m not in it anymore but she still wants me to know who she is)
- Go to the Homecoming Football Game
- Finish all of my homework- And don’t procrastinate on it
- Make a packing list for going to Phoenix
- Get my lotus tattoo and nose piercing (Friday)
- Begin studying for finals- I can’t procrastinate
- Have a blast in Phoenix- visiting my aunt and best friends for Thanksgiving
- Make a packing list for going home- I love lists and hate forgetting things
- Write down everything I need to buy at home or bring from home so i don’t forget
- Explore coffee shops- if you check out my instagram that’s all I do
- Don’t fail any classes
- Make more friends
- Join clubs
- get a 3.5 GPA
- Be 100% vegan
Winter Break Goals:
- Work as a nanny
- See everyone I’ve missed while at school
- Create 2nd semester schedule
- Switch closets with my sister- we switched rooms once I left but I need to get everything out of my closet
Year long goals:
- Decide on a major- double major in Spanish and _______
- Get a job
- Join clubs
- Become an AM
- Become an Ambassador
That’s all I have for now, but the list will grow. I think I will post weekly goals on my Monday posts. But probably not daily goals because I don’t always post the posts the same day I wrote them.
Talk to you all soon