Happy Monday everyone, One of my favorite things about being home is having a full kitchen. No tiny microwave and using my desk as a counter for me! After I posted my Women’s History Month post and being enlightened that March is national months for a bunch of other things, I took to the internet and found out that it’s National Nutrition Month!!!! For National Nutrition Month I’ve decided to share a fave recipe of mine that can be made using only a food processor!!!
Something I absolutely love are protein bars! Something I don’t love is their price or the amount of added sugar they contain. I decided to take to my kitchen and see if I could make my own. My mom had made some for me over a year ago and over winter break I wanted to try my hand at making my own.
- 1 cups raw walnuts (extra if you want a topping)
- 1 cup raw almonds
- 2 ½ cups pitted dates
- ⅔ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 scoop Vegan (I use Vega) chocolate protein powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- Place dates in the food processor and process until small bits remain. Remove and set aside
- Place walnuts and almonds in food processor and process until finely ground.
- Add the cocoa powder, protein powder and salt and pulse to combine.
- Drop small handfuls of the date pieces down into the food processor.
- Process until a dough consistency is achieved, adding more dates if the mixture does not hold together when squeezed in your hand. You may not use all the dates.
- Add the brownie mixture to a parchment lined 8×8 dish (add a topping of chocolate chips and walnuts if wanted). Press down until flat.
- Put in fridge/freezer to chill for a minimum 30 minutes.
- Transfer to plate and cut
*Makes about 16 squares*
What is your favorite recipe?
❤ Alicia ❤