What labels (negative and positive) do you assign yourself?
I’ve been thinking long and hard about this prompt and it’s been killing me. I never knew how many labels there are and how many I’ve assigned myself, even just for a short period of time. I hate labels if I’m being honest so I like that this really made me think about all of the ones I assign myself (and other people). It’s human nature to categorize but it can terribly mean how we categorize certain people. Anyway, on to my labels.
- Smart- I’ve always been decently good in school and I made Dean’s List last semester so I think It’s acceptable to use this one
- Funny– I’m always the friend who makes everyone laugh, with memes, bad jokes, and puns flying out of my mouth soooo I give myself this label
- Personable– This is not really something I think I am, but everyone always tells me I am. Even if I just met someone I can usually find something to talk to them about and make them less comfortable (I attribute this to my literal hatred of silence around new people so I’ll find ANYTHING I can to talk a bit)
- Strong- By this I mean physically and mentally, due to a lot of things but take it as you will.
- Liberal– Take this one how you will as well, some might believe this to be negative… if you do I’m sorry.
- Lazy– Everyone has those ‘lazy days’ but unless your last lazy day has lasted for the past 5 years… I don’t know what to tell you
- Annoying– I always feel like I talk too much and am the most annoying person ever and I literally won’t talk to people first because I feel like I’m being annoying.
- Awkward– Like I mentioned when I talk about being personable, I hate silence and I feel like my constant conversation starting and inability to make eye contact makes me awkward but who knows?
- Cocky– I brag a lot about dumb things sometimes and I feel like I’m cocky when it comes to things. Maybe I’m not.
- Crazy– Just sort of mentally on some things I don’t know.
I probably could have gone on and on for negative labels ( 😦 ) but I’ll stop there because I wanted them to be equal. Moving forward, I’m going to work on more positive labels for myself and embracing my flaws without labeling myself as bad for them!
What labels do you assign yourselves??