Good morning everyone, the other day I woke up to some notifications, not unusual, one of them being that I reached 500 followers.
I was shocked and speechless by that notification. I can remember vividly when I reached 100 followers, even 10.
When I started this blog last October, I had assumed that I would end up with a follower or five, receive a like and a comment here or there, nothing more.
I never thought that I would attract an audience, let alone 500 people of all niches, who would read my writings. I never thought I would have people read, let alone like, comment, or reblog them. I never thought I would get nominated for awards, be tagged in tags, or anything of that nature.
It has been an interesting year or so blogging and I’m so happy with how my blog has been and how many people I have met because of it. Here’s to the next 500 😉
Hi all! I’ve been pretty distant for the past week. Haven’t really been in the writing mood and haven’t even opened my laptop in over a week. Well, I did today and realized that I was nominated for the Blogger Recognition Award by lifeofaninspiredteen. So first, a huge thank you to her. PS everyone check her out. Cool blog, cool person.
So, basically, there are some rules, some fun stuff and then I get to paste this super cute image at the bottom of my blog for everyone to see. Let’s get started.
1. Write a post to show your award.
2. Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you.
3. Give a brief story about how you got started blogging.
4. Give two pieces of advice for new bloggers.
5. Nominate 15 bloggers for the award.
Write a post to show your award (you’re reading it ;))
Acknowledge the blogger that nominated you. ONCE AGAIN SHOUT OUT TO lifeofaninspiredteen
How I started Blogging:
Well, I really don’t know. I mean I do, I just also don’t. I never liked reading and writing despite being relatively decent at it. I would always compare my work to other people and would really beat myself up about not being good enough. When I was 14 I started my weight loss blog to document what I was eating and my exercise schedule and other fun stuff like that. I also started a summer bucket list blog with my then best friend because we were bored and I had stumbled upon another blogger (doesn’t blog anymore or I’d link and shout her out) who had a summer bucket list blog. And then I guess that sparked my love for writing and I started my personal blog and then another weight loss blog and then this blog here and I got to where I am today.
Advice for new Bloggers:
- Post often. The more you post, the more likely it will be that people will end up on your blog and follow you. I really need to work on it, but then again, don’t we all.
- Don’t be afraid to comment, like, follow, or chat with other bloggers. When people comment on my blog I head over to their blog and read their posts. like a few, and even give a follow. This is how I have met a ton of cool bloggers and even discovered the blog that nominated me for this award. I love meeting new people and I’m sure I’m not the only one. So put yourself out there, you never know who you might meet. 🙂
Super Cool People I am Nominating:
- A Girl’s Voyage
- Adventures of Lightning
- Sigh this life
- 6 afraid of 7
- Jay Colby
- Alora and Hannah
So, that’s it. Once again thank you to lifeofaninspiredteen for the nom and I hope everyone I nominated follows the rules to keep spreading this awesome award!