Happy Friday! It’s June 12th which means it’s my 23rd birthday! This has been by far the craziest year of my life and there were a few times I didn’t know if I’d make it through. Despite all this, I’ve learned the most in these past 365 days and I wanted to share that with everyone.
- Go with the flow – If this year has taught me anything, it’s that I have to go with the flow. From my purse getting stolen in Spain to the coronavirus canceling my Greece trip to not having graduation, and everything in between, just take a deep breath, let it all out, and move on. Obviously, you can be angry that not everything works out, but it’s a part of life. Everything will work out in the end.
- Ditching people based on their pollical views is totally fine – Black Lives Matter has been prevalent for years [however, now a lot more people are using their voice either for or against the movement], and either you believe that Black Lives Matter or you’re racist. There’s no neutral, no grey area, etc. I’m not friends with people that don’t believe in basic human rights. Not sorry.
- Friends that can’t communicate aren’t friends you want – I’ve had my own troubles with communicating in the past but I’m too grown to have to question if someone wants to be your friend if someone is mad at you etc. If you can’t be real with a friend why are you even friends?
- Splurge on things you love – Not everyday of course, but it’s okay to treat yourself to things you love every once in a while
- Getting into a routine is the best thing you can do or yourself – Because of quarantine, I was in a rut. I forced myself to get into a healthy routine and it’s been the best thing I ever could have done for myself. I feel better and more accomplished with what I get done in a day.
- Absorb everything – There are so many opinions, sides of stories, etc. out there. Absorb as much as you can and figure out your opinion that way. Don’t read or watch one thing and think you know everything. It doesn’t work that way.
- Live life with no regrets
- Be yourself – Do what you want, make decisions based on what you want not others and watch how your life changes
- Try new things – Try baking, give drawing a go. Even if you aren’t inherently good at something doesn’t mean you won’t find something you like in the process.
- You have to learn to love yourself – This is something I’m still working on but it’s the best journey I’ve ever been on.
- Travel – I’ve learned more from traveling than I ever have in a classroom.
- Crying in public is okay – Reference #1. I’ve cried on a train from Madrid to Toledo, I’ve cried in bars in Athens, and the Thessaloniki airport. It’s okay. No one cares.
- There’s a lot of hate in this world
- There’s a lot of love in this world too
- I deserve to live – there’s nothing like living out your dreams, graduating college, and getting ready to live out more dreams that really get you to know your worth
- I’m stronger than I know
- Losing a pet can be harder than losing a person – My gecko got murdered [rip] by my roommate’s gecko while I was in Greece and I was devastated
- Everyone needs to know how to cook
- I’m okay on my own – Living alone and being single [haha] isn’t always so fun. However, I’m fully capable of doing both
- I have no idea what my future holds – there are so many options and I’d be happy with any of them, I guess I’ll just have to wait and see
- I want to do everything
- I learn more from my students than they learn from me – All of my time in Greece taught me just how much I have to learn and how much they can teach me
- I have so much to learn
Have a happy Friday and a great weekend!
So so so so much love,