Hi all, if you couldn’t tell, 2018 was a pretty eye-opening year for me. I learned a ton, so I wanted to make another year-end post about what this year specifically taught me. Here are 18 things that I learned in the year 2018.
- There are not enough hours in the day – Use them wisely.
- Sometimes professors are nice enough to bump up your grade by .75% to get you a 4.0
- Knowing how to cook at least 5 things and having those ingredients readily available is vitally important to keep you from eating out every night
- Sometimes a night out with friends is the only thing you need.
- Other times, a night in with a bath and a good book is what you need
- While face masks and bath bombs aren’t the epitomai of self-care… they definitely make you feel like you have your life together
- Use your planner! Unless you want to schedule 4747 things in the same 45 minute period.
- There are few things better than baking on a Sunday morning while drinking coffee.
- Cold brew coffee is a gift from the Heavens
- Coffee from a coffee pot at home is also a gift because you are still caffeinated and $4 richer.
- A hike is never a bad idea
- Neither is yoga
- You may never know what happened between you and that person you were once so close with. Accept that fact and move on.
- Harry Potter World is 10x cooler than you’d expect it to be.
- Always choose comfort when wearing shoes for over 12 hours. Those blisters you have for the next week are NEVER worth all that pain
- No chip manicures always seem nice BUT they’re $40+, always chip AND one nice bottle of nail polish is less than $10. So, treat yourself for special occasions but a DIY manicure will, in the end, make you and your wallet feel much better.
- Your dog can never have too many toys.
- Put your phone down and be in the moment. You can answer those texts or play that game in a few hours.
What did you all learn in 2018?