Hey everyone! If you’ve learned one thing about me it’s I love Christmas! Due to this I love doing Christmas related outings close to home! So…. I’ve decided to make a guide to Christmas events in Chicago and the surrounding area for myself and anyone else who lives here or is around for the holidays!!
- The Christkindlmarket- This has been a bit of a Christmas tradition for my family for the past few years. We always buy the festive Holiday Cup (with either Gluhwein or hot chocolate in it), and candy from the Sweet Shoppe. It’s such a fun day for everyone involved despite all the crowds and below freezing temperatures
- The Museum of Science and Industry Christmas trees- If you ever want a lesson on world Christmases head on over to the Museum of Science and Industry. During the entire month of December (and a bit more) the main hall of the Museum is filled with Christmas tree decorated in the fashion of a Christmas from countries all over the world. It is a beautiful sight to see and it’s so much fun learning about different celebrations from around the world.
- Ice Skating at Maggie Daley Park– This one is not something I have ever done or will ever do (I am terrified of ice skating but that’s a story for another day) but this is something that so many people love doing. Lacing up your ice skates with some friends or a significant other (barf) and skating the ribbon around Maggie Daley park is always a day of frozen butt fun (or so I hear)
- Zoo Lights- Whether you go to the Brookfield Zoo or Lincoln Park Zoo (I have only ever gone to the Brookfield Zoo lights since it’s 5 minutes from my house) the holiday lights are always so incredible. I always wonder how expensive their electiricity bills are because of the sheer amount of lights that are placed on trees, bushes, and even in te sky.
- The Art Institute Wreathing of the Lions- This actually already happened but for next year, the day after Thanksgiving hundreds of people gather across from the Musuem(and even on Michigan Avenue) to watch the Wreathing of the Lions. The lions outside of the Art Institute are sort of a symbol of Chicago and when they are adorned with wreaths the entire city just gets in the holiday spirit
What are some holiday events in your city?
2 thoughts on “Christmas events in Chicago”
Hey, I nominated you for the unique blogger award. It’s over on my page 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person
Thank you!! I’ll check it out right now!
LikeLiked by 1 person