Hi everyone. The other day, Kate, nominated me for the Blogger Recognition Award. Thank you so much to Kate for this nomination. I would definitely recommend everyone goes and checks out her blog. Let’s get started with the award.
* Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
* Give a brief story of how your blog started.
* Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
* Select 10 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
* Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
How I started blogging
I have been blogging since I was 14. I stumbled upon someone’s summer bucket list blog and I decided that I wanted to make one as well. So, that summer and the summer after, my friend Molly and I made a summer bucket list blog. We are no longer friends, however, I wanted to continue blogging so I have made a few blogs over my lifetime to continue blogging, mainly just random writings and a bit of food tracking. However, last October, I decided that I wanted to document my time in college so that’s how I started this blog 🙂
- Write about what you want- This one may seem pretty self-explanatory, however, it may not be. With so many lifestyle blogs about fashion and the latest hair hack, you may seem pressured to post about these. Yes, it may get you some traffic but if you don’t necessarily like what you’re posting… why blog? I will post a review here and there because I want to and I think other people might want to see it. I post things for me, because I like them, not to get a certain amount of views in a day and I recommend you all do the same.
- Don’t stress- I’m all about trying to be consistent, it’s what readers like and it gets views. However, if I’m sick or had a long day or was out with friends, I’m not going to worry about my blog. Blogging can wait, your life can’t. I blog during downtime, on plane rides, in bed, etc. I make sure I love my life how I want to and make sure that blogging comes second. Make sure you do that as well.
I have done this award quite a bit and I don’t want to nominate the same 10 people over and over. So, if you want to do this award, by all means, go for it. 🙂
P.S. One more sleep until PERU